Colorado has 110 gangs, 12,741 members, says CBI database
By Chris Barge And Daniel Chacon
Rocky Mountain News
Colorado is home to 12,741 confirmed gang members who are affiliated with 110 street gangs, the director of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said Thursday.
And while most of those gang members - the ones who are being tracked - live in Denver, experts suspect many more live in communities across the state not included in this count.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help