L.A.'s most violent gangs
Los Angeles Times
Copyright 2007 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
Los Angeles officials want to go after about 800 members of the city's most dangerous gangs, and on Thursday committed more than 200 LAPD officers to a force that will also include FBI agents, prosecutors and probation officers. Gangs on this list accounted for 6% of the city's violent crimes last year.
Race/ethnicity: African American
Gang injunction: Yes
Rough boundaries: Southwest Los Angeles between La Brea Avenue and Crenshaw Boulevard south of Coliseum Street
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: L.A.'s most violent gangs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'