Second LAPD Top-10 fugitive caught in Mexico
By Patrick McGreevy
Los Angeles Times
Police Chief William J. Bratton on Tuesday announced details of the arrest of a second member of the Los Angeles Police Department's 10 most-wanted gang members list -- the takedown of a murder suspect as he bought ice cream in Rosarito Beach, Mexico.
Steve Garcia, 43, was taken into custody Friday after a four-day surveillance by Mexican authorities and was taken to the U.S. border. There he was handed over to representatives of the U.S. Marshal's Service, who took him to the California Institute for Men in Chino because he had violated parole.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Second LAPD Top-10 fugitive caught in Mexico
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman