FBI captures reputed gang member, cop killer in L.A.
By Richard Winton
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — An FBI-led fugitive task force has captured a reputed 18th Street gang member in Huntington Park who was wanted by the Mexican government in the slaying of a Zacatecas municipal police officer.
Odilon Carlos, also known as Odilon Carlos-Marquez, was turned over Tuesday to Mexican authorities by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials at the San Ysidro border crossing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court