Four more people arrested in videotaped VA. gang beatings
The Associated Press
NEWPORT NEWS, Va.- Four more people have been arrested in connection with multiple assaults and robberies by a neighborhood gang that videotaped its crimes.
The videotape features assailants beating the victims with objects including a trash can and a bicycle, threatening victims with a gun and robbing them. Police said most of the attacks were never reported.
Since January, 37 similar attacks were reported to police, and investigators are trying to determine if those were committed by the same people.
Police provided the videotape to The Associated Press and said it was found in a home last month during a separate investigation. They said they don't know what motivated the attacks or the efforts to videotape them.
Newport News is a shipbuilding city about 80 miles southeast of Richmond.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court