Four more people arrested in videotaped VA. gang beatings
The Associated Press
NEWPORT NEWS, Va.- Four more people have been arrested in connection with multiple assaults and robberies by a neighborhood gang that videotaped its crimes.
The videotape features assailants beating the victims with objects including a trash can and a bicycle, threatening victims with a gun and robbing them. Police said most of the attacks were never reported.
Since January, 37 similar attacks were reported to police, and investigators are trying to determine if those were committed by the same people.
Police provided the videotape to The Associated Press and said it was found in a home last month during a separate investigation. They said they don't know what motivated the attacks or the efforts to videotape them.
Newport News is a shipbuilding city about 80 miles southeast of Richmond.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house