Boston officer shot, injured, in gunfire exchange with gang member
Boston officer shot; Gunfight leaves suspect wounded
By David Abel and Suzanne Smalley
The Boston Globe Staff
BOSTON, Mass. — In another burst of city violence, a Boston police officer and an alleged gang member were wounded in an exchange of gunfire last night near an elementary school in Dorchester, authorities said.
Police officials identified the officer as Steve Romano, 41, a member of the youth violence strike force, who has served in the department since 1996.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds