Gangbangers ordered out of Calif. desert town
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger monitoring program as possible statewide model for fighting gang-related violence.
By Stacia Glenn
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
VICTORVILLE, Calif. — All it took was a sheaf of papers to send some of the most notorious gangbangers in the High Desert packing.
A permanent — read, forever — gang injunction is now in place for East Side Victoria, a 115-member Latino gang that has been rooted in Victorville for 25 years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gangbangers ordered out of Calif. desert town
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform