Gangbangers ordered out of Calif. desert town
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger monitoring program as possible statewide model for fighting gang-related violence.
By Stacia Glenn
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
VICTORVILLE, Calif. — All it took was a sheaf of papers to send some of the most notorious gangbangers in the High Desert packing.
A permanent — read, forever — gang injunction is now in place for East Side Victoria, a 115-member Latino gang that has been rooted in Victorville for 25 years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gangbangers ordered out of Calif. desert town
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman