Wash. officer assaulted by graffiti vandals
The Associated Press
TACOMA, Wash. — A police officer was assaulted by four people early Saturday after he responded to calls about people spray painting graffiti on a fence.
"At one point, they tried to get his gun out of his holster," he said.
A man who witnessed the attack jumped in to try to pull off the attackers while his wife called 911, Fulghum said.
Officers arrested three boys and one girl, ages 16 to 19, for investigation of first-degree assault. One of them was also arrested for investigation of attempting to disarm an officer.
The officer, who's been with Tacoma police for 12 years, was treated for bumps, bruises and cuts at Tacoma General Hospital.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help