NYPD cop arrested for working with gang
QUEENS, N.Y. — A police officer from Queens is expected to be indicted following his arrest on federal charges that he served as a lookout for an ethnic Albanian gang, according to court records and sources familiar with the case.
Darren Moonan, 27, has been in a federal detention center in Manhattan since his arrest July 8 on federal conspiracy charges. Moonan, who had been working as a patrol officer in Richmond Hill in the 102nd Precinct, was accused in a criminal complaint filed in federal court in Manhattan of working with the gang for about eight months.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD cop arrested for working with gang
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help