NYPD cop arrested for working with gang
QUEENS, N.Y. — A police officer from Queens is expected to be indicted following his arrest on federal charges that he served as a lookout for an ethnic Albanian gang, according to court records and sources familiar with the case.
Darren Moonan, 27, has been in a federal detention center in Manhattan since his arrest July 8 on federal conspiracy charges. Moonan, who had been working as a patrol officer in Richmond Hill in the 102nd Precinct, was accused in a criminal complaint filed in federal court in Manhattan of working with the gang for about eight months.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD cop arrested for working with gang
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds