67 members of Chicago gang charged in drug conspiracy
The Associated Press
CHICAGO- Authorities began rounding up 67 members of a street gang Tuesday after prosecutors unsealed charges accusing them of conspiring to distribute large amounts of crack and other drugs.
Forty-three members were in custody by midmorning, and officers also confiscated more than four pounds of cocaine and two pounds of heroin, authorities said.
"If you engage in street gang-controlled retail distribution of narcotics and use firearms, you expose yourself to federal prosecution that will relocate you for many years _ in prison," U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald said in a statement.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms