67 members of Chicago gang charged in drug conspiracy
The Associated Press
CHICAGO- Authorities began rounding up 67 members of a street gang Tuesday after prosecutors unsealed charges accusing them of conspiring to distribute large amounts of crack and other drugs.
Forty-three members were in custody by midmorning, and officers also confiscated more than four pounds of cocaine and two pounds of heroin, authorities said.
"If you engage in street gang-controlled retail distribution of narcotics and use firearms, you expose yourself to federal prosecution that will relocate you for many years _ in prison," U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald said in a statement.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds