New Fla. task force targets gang violence
By Josh Hafenbrack
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Invoking the memory of high-profile gang killings in Palm Beach County, Attorney General Bill McCollum announced Thursday the formation of a statewide task force to find ways to quell a surge in gang violence.
The group's mission: draw up a coordinated, comprehensive strategy to halt a spiraling gang problem that is fueling an increase in murders and drug-related crime, McCollum and other top law enforcement officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New Fla. task force targets gang violence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help