New Fla. task force targets gang violence
By Josh Hafenbrack
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Invoking the memory of high-profile gang killings in Palm Beach County, Attorney General Bill McCollum announced Thursday the formation of a statewide task force to find ways to quell a surge in gang violence.
The group's mission: draw up a coordinated, comprehensive strategy to halt a spiraling gang problem that is fueling an increase in murders and drug-related crime, McCollum and other top law enforcement officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New Fla. task force targets gang violence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house