St. Louis police move preventively to curb gang participation
By Steve Giegerich
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Asked to name five people he would turn to in a crisis, the fourth-grader drew a blank after listing the two St. Louis police detectives who had made the request, his doctor and a classmate. What about a parent?
"Oh, yeah," the 9-year-old said. Dutifully, he added "Mom" to his list.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman