St. Louis police move preventively to curb gang participation
By Steve Giegerich
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Asked to name five people he would turn to in a crisis, the fourth-grader drew a blank after listing the two St. Louis police detectives who had made the request, his doctor and a classmate. What about a parent?
"Oh, yeah," the 9-year-old said. Dutifully, he added "Mom" to his list.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police