FBI, LAPD arrest 32 in crackdown on MS-13
By Ari B. Bloomekatz
The Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — Hundreds of FBI agents and Los Angeles police fanned out across the city early Thursday in what authorities described as one of the largest crackdowns to date on the notorious El Salvadoran street gang MS-13.
At least 32 alleged gang members had been arrested by Thursday afternoon in the sweep, the latest in a series of law enforcement actions taken nationwide to counter a gang linked to dozens of murders and other violent crimes.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI, LAPD arrest 32 in crackdown on MS-13
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court