For L.A.'s killers, witness intimidation works
By Jill Leovy
The Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — It was among the most brutal Southland homicides in recent memory: On a sunny Sunday afternoon last fall, two men jumped out of an SUV and set Marcial Sanchez on fire, in full view of a crowd on Cesar Chavez Boulevard in East Los Angeles.
Police are increasingly seeing witnesses being intimidated. (AP Photo/Don Heupel)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: For L.A.'s killers, witness intimidation works
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform