For L.A.'s killers, witness intimidation works
By Jill Leovy
The Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — It was among the most brutal Southland homicides in recent memory: On a sunny Sunday afternoon last fall, two men jumped out of an SUV and set Marcial Sanchez on fire, in full view of a crowd on Cesar Chavez Boulevard in East Los Angeles.
Police are increasingly seeing witnesses being intimidated. (AP Photo/Don Heupel)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: For L.A.'s killers, witness intimidation works
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court