Chicago gang leader nabbed, 55 members arrested
By Angela Rozas
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO — After getting out of prison in April 2006, "Shakey" Shawn Betts moved to St. Charles, but kept his trigger finger on the West Side of Chicago, police said.
Betts, a leader of the "Body Snatchers" faction of the Four Corner Hustlers street gang, returned to Chicago to regain control of the corners where he and his gang wreaked havoc in the 1990s, leading to bloodshed in the streets in 2006, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago gang leader nabbed, 55 members arrested
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court