Calif. raids nab reputed gang leader
By Christopher Heredia
The San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND, Calif. — Oakland police arrested on Tuesday the alleged leader of a violent West Oakland gang and more than 30 of his accomplices who authorities linked to several homicides and a series of restaurant takeover robberies as well as carjackings, drug and weapons trafficking.
"It's a great day for Oakland and the people who live here," Police Chief Wayne Tucker said at a news conference, where authorities displayed photos of bags of powder cocaine and replicas of the 40 high-powered rifles and handguns and bulletproof vest seized in the raids.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. raids nab reputed gang leader
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform