Informant offers rare look inside Ill. gang
Related articles: Finding informants in the 'invisible army' on the street , A glib tongue can win you gang informants and gang secrets
By Jeff Coen and Gary Marx
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO — Jesse Guajardo choked back tears on the witness stand in federal court as he abandoned his second family once and for all.
He had grown up in the Latin Kings street gang, peddling drugs when he was only 8 and becoming a soldier when he was a young teenager. After an uncle recommended him for membership in 1988, he suffered a beating or "violation" by three Latin Kings to join the gang's ranks.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Informant offers rare look inside Ill. gang
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house