Police seize guns, ammo under new law
By Ryan Lillis
The Sacramento Bee
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sacramento police have seized 56 guns and more than 800 rounds of ammunition from convicts and gang members over the past year through an ordinance that tracks ammunition sales, officials said Tuesday.
The ordinance, passed in July 2007, requires city gun dealers to enter information on those who purchase ammunition into a Web site.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police seize guns, ammo under new law
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy