Calif. shooting range fire could be gang attack
The Hemet police training building was damaged, and officers think they know who's responsible
City News Service
HEMET, Calif. — Fire damaged a Hemet police training building in a remote area west of the city today, a day before the City Council will consider approving an emergency declaration allowing police to quickly secure resources needed to respond to a series of attacks on the department.
The fire, which was reported at 2 a.m., destroyed a 1,000-square-foot mobile home used as a classroom at the Hemet Police Department's shooting range, according to Hemet police Capt. Dave Brown.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. shooting range fire could be gang attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house