Calif. shooting range fire could be gang attack
The Hemet police training building was damaged, and officers think they know who's responsible
City News Service
HEMET, Calif. — Fire damaged a Hemet police training building in a remote area west of the city today, a day before the City Council will consider approving an emergency declaration allowing police to quickly secure resources needed to respond to a series of attacks on the department.
The fire, which was reported at 2 a.m., destroyed a 1,000-square-foot mobile home used as a classroom at the Hemet Police Department's shooting range, according to Hemet police Capt. Dave Brown.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. shooting range fire could be gang attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help