Gang member faces life for Calif. cop kill try
Gunman fired 10 shots at two plainclothes cops, critically wounding one
By Henry K. Lee
San Francisco Chronicle
FREMONT, Calif. — An alleged gang member accused of firing 10 shots at two Fremont plainclothes police officers, critically wounding one of them, told investigators he didn't know the person he had shot was a law-enforcement officer, authorities said Tuesday.
Andrew Barrientos, 20, was charged Tuesday in Alameda County Superior Court with attempted murder and several other crimes in connection with the shooting Friday afternoon of Officer Todd Young in East Oakland.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gang member faces life for Calif. cop kill try
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman