Police arrest 75 gang members in 'Red Zone' swarm
Operation was the culmination of a 2-year effort targeting 'transnational gangs'
By Scott Johnson
Contra Costa Times
LOS BANOS, Calif. — State and federal agents swarmed across several small communities in and around the San Joaquin Valley town of Los Banos early Tuesday morning and arrested 75 alleged members of the Nuestra Familia prison gang and the Norteno street gang.
The raid, code-named "Red Zone," also netted weapons, including five assault rifles, $64,000 in cash and unnamed quantities of methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana. The operation was the culmination of a two-year effort targeting "transnational gangs" that operate across the U.S.-Mexico border, dealing in drugs, weapons and human trafficking.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Border Patrol
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house