Narcotics Officer Injured in Brooklyn Hit-And-Run
NEW YORK (AP) - A female narcotics officer was in serious condition Thursday after a hit-and-run accident in Brooklyn, police said.
Police said the officer was conducting a buy-and-bust operation at Himrod Street and Irving Avenue in the Bushwick section at about 2 a.m. when she was hit by a dark-colored vehicle which then fled the scene.
The officer was taken to Bellevue Hospital, where she was in serious condition, police said. Police were searching for one suspect, a man in his 20s.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court