Ex-Calif. cop gets 3 years for giving info to Hells Angels
The department fired the five-year veteran after the scheme was revealed
By Howard Mintz
Contra Costa Times
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Former Santa Clara police Officer Clay Rojas, an ex-Marine once wounded in Iraq, will pay a steep price for getting too close to a felon and Hells Angel.
Rejecting Rojas' plea for leniency, a federal judge Wednesday sentenced the disgraced ex-cop to three years in prison for his role in illegally supplying confidential law enforcement information to a Hells Angel to pay off a debt of a few thousand dollars.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house