Ohio officer shot outside bar
Veteran Dayton undercover police officer was on gang duty
By Lou Grieco, Doug Page, Katie Wedell and Steve Bennish
Dayton Daily News
TROTWOOD, Ohio — A veteran Dayton undercover police officer investigating gang activity was involved in a gunfight Saturday morning that left him and a 21-year-old suspect seriously injured.
The wounded officer had been assigned to an FBI task force targeting gangs, gang violence and gang-related drug activity; and Trotwood City Manager Mike Lucking said Trotwood and Dayton police and the FBI were involved in "looking into gang activity" in the area of the shooting.
Late Saturday, there were more questions than answers as top law enforcement officials scrambled to figure out how the shooting happened and why.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio officer shot outside bar
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house