Atlanta-area PD, ICE arrest illegal-immigrant gang members
Human trafficking, drugs, guns; suspects linked to Surenos 13 gang
By Jeremy Redmon
ATLANTA — Fifteen people from the Atlanta area were among more than 600 arrested this month as part of a wide-ranging crackdown on gangs involved in human smuggling and trafficking in 150 cities and in Honduras.
Police from Atlanta, Forest Park, Sandy Springs and Cobb County assisted in "Project Nefarious," according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. A variety of other federal law enforcement agencies also participated.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house