Buffalo, NY shootings up 70%; police eye 'street justice' as cause
105 people shot, 13 killed so far this year; witnesses refusing to cooperate with investigations
By Lou Michel
The Buffalo News
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Gunfire has killed eight people in the past three weeks, and none of the homicide cases has resulted in an arrest.
Seven of the victims were black men, and seven of the eight were in their 20s or younger. Police do not believe most of the shootings were random.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms