Former Chicago PD Supt.: Bring back specialized units
'We need to bring the Targeted Response Unit and the Mobile Strike Force back,' agrees city alderman
By Frank Main
CHICAGO — With murders soaring this year in Chicago, former police Supt. Jody Weis said he understands some aldermen's call for a return to the specialized citywide units he put on the streets to fight crime.
Weis said that might not be possible because of a decline in the number of officers on the police department since he left office in early 2011.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman