4 suspects arrested in slaying of DEA agent
The 4 men are alleged members of a gang that specializes in robberies, officials believe the agent was not targeted
BOGOTA, Colombia — Colombia's National Police director says officials have arrested four men in the slaying of a U.S. anti-drug agent.
Gen. Jose Roberto Leon says the four men are alleged members of a gang that specializes in robberies. Two are taxi drivers.
Both Colombian and U.S. officials have said they believe that Drug Enforcement Administration agent James Watson was probably killed in a common robbery, not because of his law enforcement work.
Leon says Edgar Javier Bello is believed to be the man who stabbed the 43-year-old Watson on June 20 after he left a restaurant and got into a taxi.
He said Tuesday that an informant will receive about $25,800 for information in the case.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house