NYPD rookie shot by sniper leaves hospital
Officer Jamil Sarwar and his partner were keeping an eye on two warring gangs when he was shot in the leg
By Larry Celona and Erin Calabrese
The New York Post
NEW YORK — An NYPD rookie who took a bullet in a leg was released from the hospital yesterday as three young men were questioned in the shooting, police sources said.
"I'm thankful for my life," said Officer Jamil Sarwar, 30, as he left Jamaica Hospital to the cheers of family and fellow cops.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD rookie shot by sniper leaves hospital
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend