Gunfight at Calif. bike club kills 1, injures 12
Sheriff's spokesman Chris Curtice said shots were still fired when deputies arrived
FRESNO, Calif. — A gunfight at a motorcycle club gathering in southeast Fresno has left one dead and at least 12 injured.
The Fresno County Sheriff's office said about 500 people were at a dance at the Soul Brothers clubhouse when gunfire erupted about 2 a.m. Saturday. The shooting quickly moved to the street.
Sheriff's spokesman Chris Curtice said shots were still fired when deputies arrived. They found a chaotic scene as hundreds of people ran for cover.
The dead victim and several injured people were found in the clubhouse. Another injured victim was found on a nearby street.
The Fresno Bee reports that bike clubs make Fresno their destination in the spring and fall, and violence occur frequently at the gatherings.
Copyright 2013 Associted Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Active Shooter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house