4 teens arrested in shooting of Calif. teacher
According to the Fresno Bee, Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer identified the suspects as 17 and 16-year-old Norteno gang members
FRESNO (Calif.) — Police have arrested four teenage boys in the shooting of a Central California high school teacher who fought back during an attempted robbery at the school.
Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer announced the arrests on Tuesday. According to the Fresno Bee, he identified the suspects as 17 and 16-year-old Norteno gang members.
Police have said the teens were armed with a handgun and a sawed-off shotgun when they confronted Edison High School teacher Steven Guerrero in a classroom around 7 p.m. Thursday.
Guerrero allowed the group to take a computer but then fought back after one of the teens allegedly struck him with a free weight. He was shot in the stomach and leg, but survived.
Dyer said the shooter was a student at Edison and has confessed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms