Ill. police receive grant for new fitness equipment
Officers say having the fitness center makes it easy to work out before and after their shifts
MOLINE, Ill. – The Moline Police Department is getting some help to stay fit on the job. Officers say the department’s fitness center is outdated, so Werner Restoration presented the Moline Police Benevolent Association with a check on Wednesday, March 9, 2016 for $2,000 to buy new equipment.
Mayor Scott Raes says the donation will go a long way.
Officers say having the fitness center makes it easy to work out before and after their shifts. The new equipment has been ordered and is on its way.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house