Mich. K-9 awarded health insurance grant
Atos is a 3-year-old German shepherd
By Barb Pert Templeton
For The Voice
ARMADA, Mich. — Atos, a 3-year-old German shepherd in the Armada Police Department’s K-9 Unit, recently won a roughly $500 health insurance grant.
Nobody wants to see law enforcement officers injured in the line of duty, and that includes the four-legged kind, too.
Fortunately for Atos, a 3-year-old German shepherd police dog serving the Armada Police Department, a roughly $500 health insurance grant he recently received means that if the canine should get hurt on the job, he’ll be covered.
Trained and certified in narcotics detection and tracking, Atos works alongside his handler, part-time officer Dominic Vicari, of Clarkston.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police