Ind. chief accidentally shoots self at gun shop
David Counceller’s 40-caliber Glock handgun accidentally discharged Saturday afternoon while he was at a gun shop
By Pam Tharp
CONNERSVILLE, IND. — Shooting himself in the leg is not the way Connersville Police Chief David Counceller planned to promote his candidacy for Fayette County sheriff.
Counceller’s 40-caliber Glock handgun accidentally discharged Saturday afternoon while he was at Wullf’s Gun Shop. Counceller, who was off-duty at the time, said he’d been examining a handgun similar to the one he carries.
“I need to pay more attention,” Counceller said. “I know what the dangers are. It was pure carelessness on my part.”
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend