District struggles to come to terms with officer's suicide
By Trymaine Lee, Staff writer
Copyright 2005 The Times-Picayune Publishing Company
It's not the way a cop is supposed to die. Not by his own gun. Not when those who look up to him need him most. But with a pistol pressed to his head, 7th District officer Lawrence Celestine squeezed the trigger, as another officer, a relative, stood by helplessly.
Celestine had soldiered through Hurricane Katrina's immediate aftermath, but never made it to see the weekend.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms