Colo. officer haunted by near-save
By IVAN MORENO
Rocky Mountain News
DENVER, Colo. — Denver police officer Jairon Katz is haunted by the image of the youth slipping from his grip as floodwaters swept them down a creek.
"He had a hold of the kid," Michael Katz said Tuesday, recalling his son's effort to save the youth from the rushing water that almost claimed them both.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Colo. officer haunted by near-save
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy