Colo. officer haunted by near-save
By IVAN MORENO
Rocky Mountain News
DENVER, Colo. — Denver police officer Jairon Katz is haunted by the image of the youth slipping from his grip as floodwaters swept them down a creek.
"He had a hold of the kid," Michael Katz said Tuesday, recalling his son's effort to save the youth from the rushing water that almost claimed them both.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Colo. officer haunted by near-save
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms