For police, suicides all too common
By Gary A. Harki
Related: The Suicidal Officer: Confronting our brothers and sisters
WEST VIRGINIA — The suicide of West Virginia State Police Cpl. Marlo Gonzales is one of more than 1,300 law enforcement officer suicides since 2004, according to statistics by the National Police Suicide Foundation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: For police, suicides all too common
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court