For police, suicides all too common
By Gary A. Harki
Related: The Suicidal Officer: Confronting our brothers and sisters
WEST VIRGINIA — The suicide of West Virginia State Police Cpl. Marlo Gonzales is one of more than 1,300 law enforcement officer suicides since 2004, according to statistics by the National Police Suicide Foundation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: For police, suicides all too common
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds