Utah deputies get break on fitness
By Joseph M. Dougherty
The Deseret Morning News
Related: Is your workout really going to help you in the field?
FARMINGTON, Utah — There's at least one job in Davis County that's usually open.
It's one that requires you to be able to run 1.5 miles in 16 minutes, bench-press 70 percent of body weight one time, perform 30 sit-ups in one minute, 25 pushups with no time limit and make a vertical leap of 13 inches.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah deputies get break on fitness
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police