Utah cop collapses, dies during traffic stop
By Sara Israelsen-Hartley
Deseret Morning News
PROVO, Utah — If Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Michael Irvine had a question about alcohol enforcement on the roads, there was no question about whom he called.
"If you had a question about something, Scott would help you, and he'd make you feel like a million bucks afterward," Irvine said of his friend and colleague, former UHP trooper and current Wasatch County Sheriff's Sgt. Scott Hathcock, who collapsed and died Thursday morning during a routine traffic stop in Provo Canyon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah cop collapses, dies during traffic stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help