Utah cop collapses, dies during traffic stop
By Sara Israelsen-Hartley
Deseret Morning News
PROVO, Utah — If Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Michael Irvine had a question about alcohol enforcement on the roads, there was no question about whom he called.
"If you had a question about something, Scott would help you, and he'd make you feel like a million bucks afterward," Irvine said of his friend and colleague, former UHP trooper and current Wasatch County Sheriff's Sgt. Scott Hathcock, who collapsed and died Thursday morning during a routine traffic stop in Provo Canyon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah cop collapses, dies during traffic stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy