Chicago cop stays on force after cancer, foot amputation
A rookie's sprained ankle led doctors to discover a tumor. But even after losing his foot, Officer Eric Schultz wouldn't let go of his dream job.
By Jeff Long
Tenn. Sgt. inspires, educates fellow officers with survivor story
I will win because...
CHICAGO — When doctors amputated his right foot to keep bone cancer from spreading, Eric Schultz was determined not to give up his job as a police officer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman