Chicago cop stays on force after cancer, foot amputation
A rookie's sprained ankle led doctors to discover a tumor. But even after losing his foot, Officer Eric Schultz wouldn't let go of his dream job.
By Jeff Long
Tenn. Sgt. inspires, educates fellow officers with survivor story
I will win because...
CHICAGO — When doctors amputated his right foot to keep bone cancer from spreading, Eric Schultz was determined not to give up his job as a police officer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms