Ga. officer recovering from brain injury writes book
By Tim Eberly
Maintaining your winning mindset
Atlanta 'police surgeon' bonds with officers
ATLANTA — Pat Cocciolone is putting her story on paper. “It’s not going to be another one of those ‘cop’ books: ‘This is how I got hurt,’” said Cocciolone, who’s 49.
Her book, which she’s been working on for the past year, will document the 1997 shooting that forced Cocciolone to retire from the Atlanta Police Department and killed her partner, John “Rick” Sowa. It also will detail her recovery from the brain damage that stole her ability to read, write, walk and talk.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform