Minn. officer dies 12 years after injury
By Paul Walsh
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — A former Minneapolis police officer who pushed a man out of the path of a drunken driver to safety has died 12 years after his leg was severed in that North Side collision.
David R. Loeffler, 36, an Aitkin County prosecutor, died Friday at his home in Aitkin from long-term complications from losing his leg, his family said Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. officer dies 12 years after injury
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds