Minn. officer dies 12 years after injury
By Paul Walsh
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — A former Minneapolis police officer who pushed a man out of the path of a drunken driver to safety has died 12 years after his leg was severed in that North Side collision.
David R. Loeffler, 36, an Aitkin County prosecutor, died Friday at his home in Aitkin from long-term complications from losing his leg, his family said Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. officer dies 12 years after injury
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help