Tenn. officer on life support after shooting
By Nicole Young and Janell Ross
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Two men from Louisville have been arrested in connection with the shooting of a police officer in Nashville Thursday afternoon.
Sgt. Mark Chesnut, 44, was shot multiple times after stopping a dark blue Dodge Magnum on Interstate 40. Chestnut is listed in critical condition after undergoing surgery Thursday. He is expected to have more surgery Friday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. officer on life support after shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house