Tragic news never easy for officers to deliver
By Pat Reavy
When a West Valley woman suffered an accident over the weekend and died in her backyard, one of the first things police officers tried to do was to notify her husband.
Investigators learned the man was visiting relatives in Idaho but had difficulty communicating with him. Eventually, police sent out a description of his vehicle to officers throughout Idaho and Utah, asking for help in locating him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tragic news never easy for officers to deliver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy