Man pays for flight so injured Dallas officer can return home
By Tanya Eiserer
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — A Dallas police officer, hospitalized for more than two weeks in Denver after suffering severe dehydration and blood clotting, arrived home via air ambulance Monday evening.
Officer Alex Garcia, 22, had been at Swedish Medical Center since July 8, when he became severely dehydrated at a Police Explorers conference and ended up in the intensive care unit with blood clots. He underwent three surgical procedures to remove the clots.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house