Deputy who fought brain tumor will return to work
By Beatriz E. Valenzuela
VICTORVILLE, Calif. — Less than six months after San Bernardino County Sheriff 's Apple Valley Deputy Derek Simpson went through brain surgery, he is grateful to be back on patrol.
"I'm just so glad to be back at the station," Simpson said, despite the fact he hasn't been cleared to perform full duties as a deputy and must continue to ride with a partner. Simpson hopes to have full clearance in September.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic