N.C. officer continues to fight for his life
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Winston-Salem police Sgt. Mickey Hutchens remained in critical condition early Monday, police said this morning.
Hutchens was shot in the face during a shootout while responding to a domestic disturbance call at Bojangles on Peters Creek Parkway Wednesday. Police said the bullet penetrated his skull. He has been in critical condition since being transported to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center after the shooting.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. officer continues to fight for his life
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help