Ohio sheriff's captain dies from H1N1 virus
By Steve Bennish
Dayton Daily News
PREBLE COUNTY, Ohio — A Preble County sheriff's captain has died, an apparent victim of the H1N1 flu virus and pneumonia, Sheriff Mike Simpson announced late Friday night, Nov. 6.
Sheriff's Capt. Michael Thornsberry, 38, a 15-year veteran of the sheriff's office, fell ill Oct. 20 with what was then believed to be pneumonia.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio sheriff's captain dies from H1N1 virus
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds