Ohio sheriff's captain dies from H1N1 virus
By Steve Bennish
Dayton Daily News
PREBLE COUNTY, Ohio — A Preble County sheriff's captain has died, an apparent victim of the H1N1 flu virus and pneumonia, Sheriff Mike Simpson announced late Friday night, Nov. 6.
Sheriff's Capt. Michael Thornsberry, 38, a 15-year veteran of the sheriff's office, fell ill Oct. 20 with what was then believed to be pneumonia.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio sheriff's captain dies from H1N1 virus
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help