Widow shares anguish of N.Y. officer who committed suicide after TASER incident
By Selim Algar
New York Post
NEW YORK — The decision that started it all - commanding his officers to Taser a naked and deranged man who then fell to his death from a metal awning cover in Brooklyn- took Lt. Michael Pigott only a split second.
But ending his own life - layering tragedy upon tragedy by shooting himself in the head on his 46th birthday - was a decision the lieutenant made over the course of eight anguished days.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms